– I work up and got our morning baguette at a boulangerie around the corner from our apartment. You can’t beat a fresh baguette for 1 euro.
– My mother and I made our way to the Musėe de la Mode, but ran into a wonderful street market.
– We found the Musėe, but waited on a long hour long line outside. The fashion in 50s exhibit was closing this weekend. The exhibit was smaller than we expected, but worth the wait.
– We got lunch from the market and headed back to the apartment in hopes that my father found his way! Thankfully, my mother found him wandering the streets, while I returned upstairs to find word about my lost luggage. It was coming, but I had to wait all afternoon.
– The one consolation of waiting inside an apartment in Paris and not froking the streets, is that I am able to see the Eiffle Tower light circling around. It is a wonderful reminder of this beautiful place. I will certainly be back soon.
– The bad luck continues and the toilet overflows… Our hostess’s “petit ami” (boyfriend) Pierre came over to fix the problem. It turns out that he is an incredible chef, as well as a handy man, and owns his own restaurant. Due to the troubles we’ve had with the apartment, he invited us to his restaurant that evening after my luggage arrived for dinner.
– The restaurant, Crom’ Exquis was fabulous, incredible and unforgettable. As my mother said, “We started a mess in Paris and now I finish with a gourmet meal.”