One sentence: I am forever spoiled by the healing mineral waters of Blue Lagoon.
– 6:15a. Arrived safe and sound from Seattle (through Vancouver) to Reykavik with Liz & Carli with a smooth-sailing customs and baggage claim.
– 7:30a. Hopped on a bus from the airport to the Blue Lagoon.
– 8a to 1p. Soaked in the rejuvenating mineral waters of the Blue Lagoon making new friends as we floated through the various nooks. We lathered ourselves in two mud masks – Algae & Silica. It felt as if we were in another world with the silky water steaming into the overcast sky.
– 1:30p. Bus back to Reykavik as we settled to our first Airbnb home in Iceland. The landscape is one I have never seen – flat, rocky, mossy with mountains far in the distance.
– 7p. After taking an unexpected 2 hr nap, we wandered the streets of Raykjavik. Finding a museum garden, the Lutheran Hallgrímskirkja, dinner at Loki’s and the shopping streets.
-10p. We found our way back home in complete light. It is discombobulating to be in daylight at night! No sunset today.