One sentence: Returning back to Reykjavik felt like coming home. We have loved our magical journey through Iceland, but we look forward to our next two stops – London & Ireland.
– 11a. Slower morning editing photos, packing and enjoying the last of our cabin before heading back to Reykjavik.
– Found a Handmade Shop on the side of the road where Liz found two pincushions made of a dear antlers base and sheep wool pillow.
– Stopped by Akranes to see the city’s lighthouse.
– Entering Reykjavik, we enjoyed the look out at the Parliament Building Perlan. We thought there was a security line, but instead we found ourselves in the queue to vote. It made the Icelanders chuckle. The view from the circular dome was fun to point out which directions we drove and explored.
– Found our Airbnb guesthouse, did our laundry and walked around town seeing the Harpa Concert House and Sun Voyager sculpture.
– Wandered downtown and had cocktails, a puffin appetizer and divine desserts at Apotek.